We offer a collection of unique, hand-crafted metal, wire & semi-precious gemstones jewellery created individually in our design studio in Stamford, Lincolnshire. We also cut and polish semi precious stones and other rocks (Lapidary). We accept bespoke Lapidary, Jewellery making & Wire Sculpture Tree commissions. Do Visit our website & Online Showroom: www.shaliniaustin.co.uk

Friday, 4 December 2015

Air Chasing Copper

Earlier this year I embarked on a new adventure and learnt about Air Chasing, a technique of forging copper using hammers, daps and a vice.


Read more via Air Chasing Copper

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, I tried it last year and had an epic fail - what gauge pipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Divya, thanks :-)
    For this project I used .7 mm (21g) sheet copper. I have done some air-chasing on pipes too, but not too detailed. I tend to recycle copper pipes so the gauge can vary depending on what I find, but mostly 18g I think,

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you so please do leave a comment :-)
Sorry comment moderation is ON because I have been getting too many spam comments from bots. I get notification for each comment left and I will publish all genuine messages.
Thanks! Shalini